7 Reasons You Might Need Inlays and Onlays for Your Teeth
At Texas Dental Center, our dental team is always educating themselves on new ways to improve our patient’s smiles in both their appearance and function. A common and long-lasting solution to enhancing smiles is through the use of inlays and onlays. What are inlays and onlays and how can this treatment better your smile? We encourage you to continue reading on and see how our dental office can improve your smile.
Inlays and onlays are used to improve a wide range of dental issues, whether it be for cosmetic or restorative reasons. Below are seven reasons your smile might need this effective treatment.
- Bring a Natural White into Your Smile. Typically, onlays are made using a composite resin or porcelain material. They are a natural looking color that enhances the beauty of an individual’s smile.
- Extend the Life of Your Teeth. Our dentists use high-quality materials that allow the restoration to remain long lasting. With proper care of your smile, you will not need to replace inlays or onlays.
- Choose a Durable Solution to Damaged Teeth. They provide a secure barrier over your teeth that ensures stronger protection and help to prevent infection or damage to your teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays Are the Safest Options for Your Dental Health. They seal over each clean individual tooth to stop bacteria from entering.
- Strengthen Your Smile. Inlays and onlays better strengthen teeth in comparison to metal fillings.
- Eliminate Worries of Expanded Fillings. Other restorative methods can change shape over time, but porcelain and resin materials hold their shape.
- Save On Future Dental Bills. By investing in inlays and onlays now you are saving money on treatments that could be used to repair a future broken tooth.